Friday, September 25, 2009

PIO Day 4 (Mock Cycle)

I cried today when Ivan did the injection.

I think it's more about fear than pain. It hurts. Like h$ll. But I think it's more than that. I remember two years ago when our fresh IVF worked...I got a BFP. But a few days into it I knew something was wrong. And we still had to do the PIO until the next blood test. The pain on top of the disappointment was horrid.

With each PIO I become increasingly more scared that this will fail. Maybe it's good that the pain of the shots is allowing me to express my fears.

Wow, I forgot how much I hate pro*gesterone and the symptoms it produces.

Carry on my IF friends. We are in this together.

3 comments:

Eb said...

I can totally empathize. I am exited and nervous leading into total terror of this thing not working. Sending you comfort for your poor butt ad peace for your mind.
EB

Sarah said...

I remember that feeling so well. PIO is wicked stuff. Good luck to you.

Robin said...

Yeah, Im on progesterone right now and the wild dreams and mood swings are just making me oh so pleasant to be around. Not to mention to constant drippage from the nether regions.

Hope your cycle goes well for you...

ICLW