Saturday, March 13, 2010

I can't believe I am typing this...

...embryo "adop*tion"....

Yep, we found a clinic two hours away that allows "adoption" of embryos. They have 50+ embryos on ice currently ready to be matched with a couple. It's a really low tech and affordable option as compared to the mind blowing cost of donor egg IVF. My gosh, I get sick thinking of what that pathetic cycle cost us.

Truth be told, this is what I wanted to do two years ago. We adopted our two beautiful daughters and this was the natural next step for me. However, the clinic we were working with (who has a satellite office at my GYN) did not offer it so I just thought it wasn't possible in our area.

After learning about this opportunity at the other clinic I called Ivan at work. He easily and happily said "yes" to trying this next step. Embryo adop*tion will be the final attempt at pregnancy for sure. After that we plan to stop at two or adopt again.

Our journey to another child isn't over just yet! :)

9 comments:

LiL Moo & Mee said...

Oh how exciting!!! I really all goes ok with the new adoption!

Circus Princess said...

There's that new door opening:) How exciting! Sounds like you've got a cool open minded hubby too.

BigP's Heather said...

Oh YAY!
I'm so excited for you. This sounds amazing!

jenicini said...

Oh, I am so happy that you are moving this direction! I'm glad you are not done. :)

Sara said...

Oh hooray hooray hooray! I'm so happy and excited to hear that you are going to get another chance at success. This is awesome! I'll be waiting with bated breath for updates.

Maredsous said...

Good for you. Glad that you have another option. Good luck!

Musicmakermomma said...

Yay - I've heard great things about embryo adoption, and my bloggy friend Best When Used By just gave birth to her adopted emby (http://bwub.wordpress.com/)

This seems like fate stepping in, I so hope this is the piece to the puzzle you need!

embieadoptmom said...

I have tons of embryo adoption blogs on my side bar that you can read up on :) I am almost 24 weeks pregnant with our adopted embie girl! HUGS!

Mrs.Joyner said...

Yay!! Im so glad you guys have decided to give it another go..I can't wait to hear what this next step brings=)