Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What music rocks your world?


Despite the title, Blogdom, I don't want recommendations for rock music.

I want your feedback on what music relaxes and inspires you. My iPod is a constant friend lately (when I am alone, that is...I just cannot go along with wearing the thing around the house ignoring my family!) As we move closer to our protocol beginning, I need something to keep my mind calm, positive, at ease, inspired. Along those lines, I love En*ya (A Day With*out Rain), Jew*el and Lor*i Mc*Kenna to name a few. I like deep lyrics that inspire along with soul touching music.

Don't get me wrong...I love my share of loud rocky booty moving music. But, right now I need something that feeds my soul.

Please, Blogdom...my Congo Line friends...tell me what you like...what keeps you inspired?

My iPod awaits.

1 comment:

Carey said...

I'm typically more into acoustic stuff and lesser known musicians.

K.T. Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza
Sara Bareilles (love the song Gravity)
Sarah Severson
Natalie Walker
Toby Lightman

My all time fave is Sarah Mclachlan - love her!!

I'm also really digging the more "ambient groove" type of music (totally relaxes me) - Hooverphonic, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, Morcheeba, The Tao of Groove, Gotan Project, and the likes...

For ET, I made a playlist to listen to while laying there... it totally took my mind off having to pee!!! LOL