Monday, September 28, 2009

What a difference a heating pad makes

PIO day 7 (mock cycle).

Okay people....I have virtually NO PAIN from the PIO during, after or even on the next day! I was not taking the time to heat the injection site afterwards AND I was using ICE to numb the injection site...wrong, wrong, wrong.

I am now turning on a heating pad the minute I wake and stay in bed warming that day's lucky buttock. While warming the buttock I also put the PIO vial next to my body. Ivan gives the injection (while I am lying down) and massages the area with the heating pad. For another five minutes or so I stay in bed and keep the heating pad on the site. It's like night and day! I am telling you, I could barely function last week b/c of the pain. It was radiating up my back and down my legs. Today I have NO PAIN from yesterday's injection. Today's injection? Barely felt it go in!

Heating Pad. Heat. Heat. Heat.

6 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

YAY!! CONGRATS!!

I always cringe reading about PIO. I never used it but just the thought of it makes my butt hurt.

Sara said...

I'm glad to hear that it's going better. I hated PIO.

My Endo Journey said...

Fabulous you found something that works for you! I used ice, then heat. :) MASSAGE def helps!

Sarah said...

I also laid on the heating pad for a while before to loosen the muscle and iced just briefly to numb the skin at the site, not long enough to cool/tighten the muscle.

Circus Princess said...

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is going good?

Big hugs!

Circus Princess said...

Got a little surprise waiting for you over at my blog :-)